Senior Front-End Engineer
Who are we?
Digital Fineprint is a multi-award-winning insurance technology business based in the heart of London. Our mission is to deliver ground breaking Insurance Analytics Software that helps the insurance community to protect all small businesses. We are a well-funded start-up with investment from Pentech Ventures (the first investors in Nutmeg and FanDuel), Eos Venture Partners, and FOM Capital. Our client list is growing and already includes insurers such as Hiscox, QBE, Euler Hermes and Zurich’s subsidiary, Tennyson. Our leadership team has extensive experience and comes from a background in private equity, data science, development, and technology (Amazon, Twitter, Sovereign Capital). Digital Fineprint launched out of Oxford University in 2016 and has grown rapidly ever since.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will be working closely with the Engineering Manager and Product Manager to take ownership of the customer-facing assets in our product suite.
You will be using your experience in building modern web applications to:
- Work closely with the design team to build visually compelling front-ends
- Design, build and deploy public and internal API services
- Take ownership of the quality of delivery of the product front-ends
- Be a subject matter expert on all areas of front-end application development – both within and beyond the engineering team
- Build internal frameworks and libraries
- Refine and build on existing engineering processes
You’ll be joining as a member of our fast-growing engineering team. We have built a great platform and are looking for people who will take the product to the next level.
This will involve working closely with other teams across the company – from customer success to data science and product. Also we are a small company, so leadership is only a desk away!
We are looking for a talented, product-focused front-end software engineer with strong technical skills and potential. You’re someone who is interested in becoming an integral part of our fast-growing team and shaping the future of our SaaS product suite. You are results-focused, and understand the delicate balance between delivery and resilience.
- At least 4 years of commercial experience working as a software engineer
- Experience of engineering complex, multi-part systems, including microservice architecture and distributed entities
- An exemplar of engineering best practice
- Experience with dev-ops, ideally with AWS (preferred)
- Experience in hiring and mentoring other engineers (preferred)
- Experience using Docker (preferred)
We’re looking for self-starters, builders and experts who are passionate about their work and thrive in a flexible environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits, including:
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym
- Workplace mental health coaching
- Share options scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free drinks and treats
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Software credits
- Allowance for learning
- 23 days off + bank holidays
- Board game tournaments
- Regular team lunches and other team events
- The fast-paced, exciting start-up life
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.