Product Owner - Data
Who are we?
Digital Fineprint is a leading insurtech start-up based in the heart of London. Our mission is to deliver groundbreaking analytics that helps insurers to better protect small businesses. Our client list is growing and already includes Hiscox, QBE and Zurich’s subsidiary Tennyson.
You’ll be in charge of maintaining and growing our data portfolio working very closely with the data science, the engineering and the customer experience teams to build the perfect data-driven products that will change the insurance sector. As part of the role, you’ll :
- Become the subject matter expert with respect to our data portfolio and act as an ambassador for our data assets internally and externally.
- Provide the medium to long term vision for our data portfolio by imagining new use cases and identifying new data points to be added.
- Being able to support the diagnosis of new ideas, catch demand and demonstrate collaborative ways of working
- Maintain and develop relationships with third-party data providers.
- Collaborates closely with business/consumers to understand business requirements and contribute to defining the data roadmap.
- Work in conjunction with the agile teams to prioritise the backlog and the pipeline of stories to maximise throughput.
- Ensure data is integrated successfully into the product and communicate the release of product increments to the business.
- Commercial focus with a keen eye on the measurable success of each deliverable
- Ability to identify how new ideas can offer increased value for our customers.
- A good understanding of the Insurance Industry and how insurers use data, particularly throughout the underwriting process.
- Experience in sourcing international data.
- Some experience delivering project and negotiating with stakeholders.
- Detail orientated with an ability to layout the strategic vision for the product.
- Analytical skills and general ability to interpret numbers.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
We offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits, including:
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym
- Workplace mental health coaching
- Share options scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free drinks and treats
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Software credits
- Allowance for learning
- 23 days off + bank holidays
- Board game tournaments
- Regular team lunches and other team events
- The fast-paced, exciting start-up life
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.