Business Development Manager
We’re looking for a driven, proactive and fiercely ambitious salesperson to join our innovative and dynamic company. A confident, outgoing person who will be willing to work both hard and smart to own the entire sales cycle. You’re willing to graft, you’re never demotivated by failure and you want to be a superstar in this company and this industry.
Who are we?
Digital Fineprint is a FinTech start-up that helps insurance companies use open data and AI to make better decisions and improve distribution. We’re internationally recognised as a brilliant place to work, having won ‘Best Fintech in the UK’ and ‘Best Start-Up in the UK’ awards. We’re based in London Bridge and we’re fortunate to be surrounded by bright and brilliant people, both in the office and the prospects we meet. For more on us, head to our website.
What you will be doing:
This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your sales career. You’ll have every chance to make yourself a superstar in this company. You’ll own the entire sales cycle, prospecting, contacting, networking, solution selling and delivering new business sales of our product suite.
You’ll meet brilliant people, you’ll learn that even though it may not seem so outwardly, Insurance is a hugely interesting sector – you’ll be selling to and networking with c-level and directors of some of the largest companies in the world.
There will be regular client visits and enterprise account management. You’ll be encouraged to learn and you’ll travel, in the UK and internationally. You'll also gain exposure to all parts of the business and learn new skills, from engineering to tech and marketing to operations, via our regular team 'sprints'.
Working with and reporting directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, you will drive the new business sales and top new accounts that are the lifeblood of any start-up. Your input to the process and your individual sales style will be welcomed. You’ll have:
- At least 3 years of new business sales experience.
- An obvious self-motivation that impacts every part of your life
- A demonstratable desire to learn at every opportunity and expand beyond your comfort zone.
- The ability to be coached alongside the ability to work independently to deliver fantastic results.
- A proven track record of hitting target consistently, with the ability to prove it.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A desire to work collaboratively, to improve your peers and work with your colleagues to achieve great things.
- Insurance experience welcome but not strictly necessary
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. For example, we offer subscriptions to online courses, encourage participation in hackathons, and attendance at conferences and training events, because we believe in using the right tools for the job and that this may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing, passionate and hard working team, and we like to take care of our employees:
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym
- Workplace health coaching
- Share options scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free drinks and treats
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Allowance for learning
- 23 days off + bank holidays
- Board game tournaments
- Regular team lunches and other team events
- The fast-paced, exciting start-up life
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.