Lead Data Scientist
Digital Fineprint is a leading insurtech start-up based in the heart of London. Our mission is to deliver groundbreaking analytics that helps insurers to better protect small businesses. Our client list is growing and already includes Hiscox, QBE and Zurich’s subsidiary Tennyson.
We’re looking for an outstanding Lead Data Scientist to help our amazing company grow and create more value for our customers daily.
You will work with a team of great people transforming the insurance industry’s attitude towards data. This is an opportunity to have a real impact on the organisation and our customers in a fast learning, high energy environment.
You’ll be leading a team of Data Scientists, working very closely with the strategy, the engineering and the customer experience teams to build the perfect data-driven products that will change the insurance sector. As part of the role, you’ll :
- Lead and mentor a team of Data Scientists (3 direct reports and growing).
- Manage and deliver client data science projects in a hands-on fashion
- Be the Subject Matter Expert all things data science - support existing clients and business development pitches
- Take a strategic view on the insights that can be found in both public and private data sets. You will have the freedom to propose new research directions and try a number of different things. We want thinkers and doers, not worker drones.
- Help building our Data Assets by applying machine learning techniques to learn about a company and identify trends in claims and risk information.
- Work together with the engineering teams to productionise the model into our product
- Must have: Management experience, applied data science experience, a customer-driven mindset, mentorship and thought leadership, advanced knowledge of the standard ML and AI frameworks and libraries, ETL (public dataset, API, scraping…)
- Desirable: Insurance knowledge, agile project management, graph databases, API, microservice architecture, Elasticsearch.
OUR TECH STACK
We use a combination of modern technologies including: Python (Flask and Django), Postgres, and Elasticsearch, JS (Node, React), Sass, PHP, RabbitMQ to power our technology. We also make extensive use of cloud computing services from AWS and Azure to both perform our research and to host our production products and services. Fundamentally, we strive to be open to ideas and change, and believe strongly in choosing the right solution for the problem at hand!
We can offer you the opportunity to work in an exciting and growing arena working on industry-leading technology as part of a vibrant team. We offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits, including:
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym
- Workplace health coaching
- Share options scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free drinks and treats
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Software credits
- Allowance for learning
- 23 days off + bank holidays
- Board game tournaments
- Regular team lunches and other team events
- The fast-paced, exciting start-up life